WORKERS’ COMPENSATION DEFENSE
ORENSTEIN & ASSOCIATES, P.C. handles the defense of workers’ compensation claims throughout the State of Illinois. We have experience in every venue in the state, and we have developed a good reputation with Petitioner’s Counsel and Arbitrators throughout Illinois. Our experience in workers’ compensation defense includes the following:
• Investigation of claims for bases for denial, subrogation potential and possible insurance fraud.
• Conduct file review meetings and educational seminars to help keep clients fully informed in regards to their cases and to laws affecting their interests.
• Representation of employers’ interests in subrogation claims.
• Participation in arbitration hearings and Workers’ Compensation Commission review hearings throughout the State of Illinois including hearings involving repetitive motion claims, acute injury claims, claims involving traveling employees, psych/stress claims, catastrophic injury claims, alleged wage-differential claims, alleged odd-lot and medical permanent total disability claims, and claims involving the death of claimant.
• Representation of employers’ interests before the Circuit Court and Illinois Appellate Courts.
• Representation of employers’ interests in pro se matters; including negotiating settlement terms, preparation of settlement contracts and facilitating settlement approval.
CIVIL LITIGATION DEFENSE
PERSONAL INJURY DEFENSE
PREMISES LIABILITY DEFENSE
ORENSTEIN & ASSOCIATES, P.C. handles the defense of businesses and their insurers in matters of general civil litigation. These matters often include, but are not limited to the defense of personal injury claims and premises liability claims. We have handled civil litigation cases in most Illinois Counties. Our experience in civil litigation matters includes:
• Investigation of cases for possible affirmative defenses and evidence of fraud.
• On site inspection of alleged accident sites.
• Retention of medical case management providers, accident investigation specialists, forensic investigation, and economic loss experts, when appropriate.
• Advice to clients regarding avenues of defense, chances for success in the defense of the case and damage mitigation options, when appropriate.
• Travel to venues across the State of Illinois for case management conferences, motion practice, and preliminary hearings.
• Participation in trials before the Circuit Courts.
• Participation in mediation, arbitration and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Review of in-house employment manuals and practices for compliance with all laws, best practice, and the prevention of future accidents and compensation claims.